There are 26, 00 adults in Cambria County who cannot read well enough to:
• Follow simple directions
• Fill out application forms
• Use a telephone book
• Read road signs
• Understand bank statements
• Follow directions on medicine bottles
• Care properly for children
• Read labels on food products
• Read a newspaper
• Order from a menu
You can help!
• Cambria County Literacy Council, Inc. can provide a tutor and the materials for an adult to learn to read
• Become a trained tutor in the Laubach technique
• Provide the funds to support council work
Learn how to become a volunteer.
Learn about volunteer training.
Click here for tutor aid.